Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bon Voyage!

It is interesting to look forward to all we are about to experience, and, at the same time look back at all of the wonderful people and places we are about to leave. Leaving, has left me feeling thankful and rich with friends and family. I am thankful for friends who throw fabulous parties, friends who decorate our local pub with white linen table clothes and statues of the Eiffel tower. I am thankful for crepes in the front yard with neighbours and their awesome little people. I am thankful for friends who send me quirky and interesting links of things they think my kids might like. I am thankful for my friends thoughtful gestures, like kraft dinner (because you know we'll miss it), wine, books, and Canada swag. I am thankful for friends who babysit so I can clean before our house sitters arrive, and friends who offer daily encouragement (sometimes twice a day!). I feel like from whatever happens from this point on, is a bonus. I feel like I have already gained new perspective and see my world in a new light. Pretty good for a girl who hasn't actually left yet! So raise your Eiffel Tower to perspective! I'll share a not quite sober self portrait of me on the way from the pub:
Bon voyage mes amis! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for my sister and her wonderful family! Great photo by the way! Hope you're having a jet-legged blast! Drop us a line when you have a moment! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment allez-vous? On a hate d'avoir de vos nouvelles! Julie

    ReplyDelete